our happy home

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

public breastfeeding

So today was the first day i breastfed in public w/ jordyn....twice. Will was inducted into a nursing honor society today so we all went to lunch first and then to campus to go to the "ceremony". We went to Mcalisters first. Jordyn was fussy and i planned on possibly having to feed her so i prepared. i wore a loose shirt and nursing tank under. i first started trying to be all discreet and that just wasnt working so i was like well i dont care so i hope noone in here does.. i did what i had to to get her on and THEN covered up while she ate. I'm sure someone got a boob shot but what do i care...i mean, do you know how many people in college saw my boobs??? lol.


So then in the middle of the ceremony she woke up and cried...meanwhile it was so quiet in there except for the one lady speaking...i was like ahhhh..i tried really quickly to get her outta the car seat and once again discreetly get her on the boob. it worked a bit better this time and i covered up...it all worked out..woohoo...

Yay for boobs in public...

7 Comments:

Blogger Keri Donald said...

I didn't even go to school with you, and I saw your boobs! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I breastfed in Applebee's across from teenager that gave me the evil eye and then leaned over and pointed me out to his girlfriend, who was like, so what? Then he couldn't stop staring at how absurd I was so I just glared back at him. I mean, his options are to see me with a blanket draped over a huge bulge in front of me, or listen to a screaming baby. His choice. Although, I do have to say, that was the first time I had done it. Out booth was the closest to the door. I swear, I had just put her on and like 5 tables finished eating and walked past me. hahah! I was unnecessarily paranoid and convinced they were all staring at me. But I highly doubt any of them cared.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

I had a friend who commented to me about feeding him outside. I am not going to make Jadyn come inside and stop playing because I have to feed Cameron. I did nurse Jadyn in public but not nearly as much as I do with Cameron.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Angelle said...

I haven't nursed Adam in public view yet because I still have to be careful about his latch and really have to look at what we are doing. But we have nursed in the car several times so far.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this post! I actually still hate doing this. I always feel like everyone is watching but when I see someone in public doing it I always wonder how they can make it look so easy...why am so spastic when I do it! I can never get the blanket right. I even bought one of those special cover things. Kaitlyn also thinks it is hillarious to pull the blanket off because I start convulsing. I wish someone could get this on video I'm sure it would make for good tv :-)

I went to the mall last weekend and actually went into a bathroom stall and fed Jax.

If at all possible I also will go to the car! This can backfire though. Last weekend I was sitting in the car nursing and the guy parked next to me came out and was followed by an entourage because his battery was dead...good times. I wasn't covered or anything and I didn't have a blanket. They got the whole show!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm...as you probably guessed that last post was from Christina not Joe :-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I LOVE that the last comment was posted by "Joe" and his own personal breastfeeding issues. Hahah!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home