our happy home

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 18, 2006

catching up

So its been a while since i've blogged, been busy and Landon hasn't been napping well or very long. Lets see what's been going on. Today's our anniversary, not doing much, maybe we'll go to dinner, my in laws were supposed to be here but unfortunately they couldnt come, so if we go to dinner we'll most likely have the baby. Two friends were in town last week to visit. It was SO nice to see them. I laughed a lot and felt like my old self. We went to the zoo in D.C. I'll have to do it again w/ Landon. It was easier to get to then I thought and its huge so I could make a day out of it.

Landon updates: sitting by himself a lot, but will support himself with one or two hands on the floor and will still tip over. he's eating solids, usually 2x a day. Usually oatmeal in the am, and cereal or oatmeal and a fruit or veggie in the pm. So far he's had squash (wasnt his favorite), sweet potatoes ( he liked the best out of veggies of course) and carrots (eh, he was indifferent), and he's had pears and bananas..of course both he LOVED...big shocker. He sits in his highchair when he eats and does so well. He's such a big boy. He's grabbing at toys and picking up with both hands (mostly everything goes straight to the mouth), but he will def. reach at the objects/toys he wants and whine if he cant get them. Some of his favorites are the starfish thing on his exersaucer, the remote controls, his teether keys and anything mommy and daddy are holding. He is pushing up on hands and knees and moves back and will sort of scootch foward so we're looking at baby gates and we are going to rent a steam cleaner and do the carpets b/c they just seem too nasty. On the sleeping subject-not good, he's been sleeping in our bed a lot just b/c he's up so much that me, being selfish, doesnt want to keep getting out of bed a million times a night. He's still gasey. I talked w/ one of the neonatologists at work and he suggested trying to cut the dairy out for at least 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference..so i'm trying it.


I love milk, lets just get that out of the way. This is going to be very hard for me, but if it helps i'm going to stick with it. I went to the store and got "silk" the soy milk. I was afraid at first but got this vanilla kind and its really not that bad. I had it in my cereal this am, it was tasty. Not sure if i'd just drink a glass like i would w/ reg. milk, but it'll do for now. So we'll see in 2 weeks how the tummy/gas issue is...everyone cross your fingers.

OH. We had our first swim class last week. It was good, they just got us in, had us pouring water over the babies head, we learned 2 holds to use, and at the end we did ring around the rosey and we dunked (if we wanted to) the babies. i did it twice. Landon reacted really well. He didnt cry just seemed a little startled by it. Next class is tomorrow...I'll try my hardest to update sooner this time..

3 Comments:

Blogger Keri Donald said...

We need pictures of Landon! Do you have them on a website anywhere? Sounds like he's getting big fast! :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Angelle said...

Yay for swim class! Who came in town to visit you? Happy Anniversary by the way! The DC zoo is pretty amazing. We should go when we are there for Thanksgiving.

I can't believe that Landon is doing so many things on his own. I can't wait to see him again. Lots of love to all!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Good luck with the milk. I hope it helps Landon. I had to give up anything with tomatoes (sauce, salsa) it made Zach have gas.

I'm glad the swim class went well.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home