our happy home

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2007

i'm still alive

Ha ha...its been awhile...lots has been going on. I am going to start my 4th week of orientation at work on tues. Its crazy! I'm so exhausted. I have a totally new respect for L & D nurses...i'm so busy and there's so much to do all the time. Not that i wasnt busy in mother/baby but its a totally different busy..i go home so tired. And its not like i can just leave and walk to my car either...i have to wait for a bus to take me to the commuter lot. On weekends or nights you can park in the lot across the street so that's good. I AM enjoying my job though....and things are becoming easier as the days progress....(just so much to remember) Landon starts a new daycare on monday. We took him out of the other one after 2 weeks b/c he wasnt doing well. I know there will be an adjustment period but it was bad. First day or two was okay but then he wouldnt eat...he wouldnt pick up food or pick up a sippy cup and we got a progress note that said "please work w/ landon at home to eat and drink by himself " Will and I were like "HUH?". He's been doing fine at home for months so this was a surprise to us. He also just looked so unhappy when he was picked up and then he would cry when he was dropped off and be very clingy...So this new daycare he'll be in a class w/ kids only in his age group (12-16 or 18 months) as opposed to up to 24months...The teacher will hopefully be more willing to work w/ him since she works w/ kids just his age. We're also going to go about this differently. When he started the teacher basically said we should leave him there all day. ( we were going to stay w/ him for a bit and ease him in) she said it would be harder for him to adjust...well damn it i think he felt abandoned that way--so we're doing it OUR way. So we're going tomorrow for a bit and he'll officially start monday...
Will starts volunteering at the hospital in a week. as of now he's going to be in Surgical Pathology so we'll see how he likes that.. He also applied for a part time job at Best Buy. We figure we might as well get some discount from wherever he's working...(new digital camera will be first i hope) so he's talked to them and i think they're just trying to figure where they can fit him in the days he can work.
So thats bout it for catching up. Here's a newbie...We're going to start reserving a spot in the ER for Landon. Whew this kid has no fear and i'll be worrying all the time as he grows up. Last night at bathtime he decides to climb out of the tub. Its not like we werent right there either. We were! landon was all soapy though and he just climbed up and slipped through the little bugger. he fell and busted his nose (we're hoping its not broken....) it was a little bloody but nothing too bad...I broke my nose when i was 4 and apparently my parents didnt know until i went to the doctor for them to check on my ears...so i'm hoping i dont find out at doctors appt that he had broken his nose....it looks fine to me..my poor baby gets so many boo boos....(on a good note we got insurance back today!)

thats it for now

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly in NC said...

I enjoyed seeing you at Leah's birthday party. Sounds like things are a bit hectic now...but good none-the-less. I agree about transitioning Landon into daycare. That 1st teacher sounds a bit sketchy to me. I would recommend going with him and staying for a few hours the first day. Then only doing short days for the next few until finally he is comfortable in the room. Not sure if that works into your new work schedule. Good luck!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Keri Donald said...

Landon sounds like quite a handful! Annabelle hasn't hit her nose yet (knock on wood), but I've been afraid that she's going to lose one of her front teeth many times!

Good luck with daycare! Definitely let us know how it goes. Sounds like you did the right thing finding a new place. Glad to hear that the job is going so well too! I don't know how you do what you do, but I'm SO glad there are angels like you who do it! :D

10:29 PM  
Blogger Angelle said...

Happy about your insurance! I definitely know how that is. Leah has improved on her own, thank goodness, and now we are covered again. Yippee! Don't forget to bring your breast pump when you come for Hive.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on Labor & Delivery Nurses!!!!

I Love working in L&D!!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok. I know exactly what you mean about the no fear thing. I think it's a boy thing!!!

Keep us posted about the day care because we might start looking for a daycare in a few months and want to know what to look for.

Talk to you later

Sandra

10:06 AM  
Blogger nomoreblog said...

Always trust your instincts when it comes to your child. Moms usually know best. Good luck with the new daycare situation. Your job sounds very busy but I reckon you are doing something so amazing. I hope you get a new digital camera soon so we can get more photos.

XOXO

5:42 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I know what it is like having a child with no fear. Zach hasn't broken any bones yet but he has chipped his two front teeth.

Finding the right daycare is so hard. Even the one you find isn't going to be perfect. I'm struggling with that right now. I don't know what to do. Eventually I think you need to do what feels right to you.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home